Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rice Crispy Treats Opps!!

 This was in 6th or 7th grade, just a couple years ago...really? I had never made them before. I learn how to make things by watching it being made. My friend Sierre and I wanted to have them so how hard could this really be? We know how to read and follow directions. What we didn't think about was what tools we should use!! To back up a little, we got the butter and the marshmallows in the pan and started melting them. Then once that started burning we started to freak out. We put the rice crispies in anyway and started to stir them, with a spatula. You know the kind that's plastic and melts!! Yup we still ate them!! I'm sure there was more marshmallow then plastic right?? 


I have since learned how to make them and make them about once a month. Oh this is funny. When Chris and I first moved in with each other. I made the treats out of almost every cereal I thought would be good. I don't think that Chris could look at another treat for years after that. 


My really good friend Lisa has requested that I blog about the Peanut Butter Fluff dip I make. Now I can not take credit for the recipe because I got it from the Pampered Chef, Kids in the Kitchen cook book years ago. So here it goes.


Peanut Butter Fluff Dip
Vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. of cinnamon
(mix together)
Fold in 1/2 cup Cool Whip

Keep cold or cool.

Nutella!! Peanut Butter Fluff Dip
Vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup Nutella
1 tsp. cinnamon
(mix together)
Fold in 1/2 cup cool whip
Keep cold or cool. 

We eat it with apples, strawberries, angel food cake, really anything that would be good with peanut butter. I would say bananas but those are EVIL!! 

Thanks for stopping by!! 

Kim P

No comments:

Post a Comment