Wednesday, March 20, 2013

And The Journey Begins.

No surprise to me that two weeks ago my Dr. told me I had type 2 diabetes. I had been denying it for probably longer than I should have. Ignorance is bliss, and in my case it wonderful. Now that time is over. When I went in the first time I was happy, looking forward to getting it confirmed and on the road to getting rid of it. I gladly went down to the blood suckers and gave them I don't even remember how many vials of my blood. Then waited until the next day to hear what I already knew was coming. Type 2. The whole family joined the gym and that week I went three times. I was feeling pretty good about myself until Monday. I remembered the lady that called to tell me about my results. She told me that my Dr. wanted to see me in two weeks. I was surprised about that. He had told me a month. On Monday I got a call confirming my appointment for today at 9:45AM  I didn't even remember making that appointment. So now I am worried. What is he going to tell me? He did order more blood tests and I went in last Wed. for those. Will he tell me that I have to be on the insulin pen? I don't like shots and I would rather avoid them if possible. I am really freaking out. What damage have I done to myself while in my ignorance phase? For the next hour and a half I will be getting ready and going to the appointment. So maybe my freak out will stay to a low grade one. Wish me luck. 

UPDATE: 
My appointment went well. He was just a little worried about my white blood cells and being anemic. I am just to continue taking the iron pills. He wants to see me in 6 to 7 months. My goal is to be down 20 or more pounds, and have walked, ran a 5K by then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment