Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Plans for Saturday Night, 4PM-Trip to the ER!

Well those were really not my plans. 
I met some really fun ladies at the garage sale that was being held by my apartment complex and I was going to do some Facebook stalking. I also wanted to check this "Color Aloft Balloon Festival" being held in Grayslake, IL. I've never seen a hot air balloon up close and this sounded like a great thing to do with the girls. It was really foggy and it had started to rain before the garage sale was over so I wasn't sure if they even still had it. Maybe next year!!

Let's start at the being of the morning. I set my alarm for 7AM thinking I would have plenty of time to get out there, set up and price my "treasures". I didn't know that it started at 8AM and ran until 4PM. Oops, so much for breakfast! We haul all the stuff out there and start to set up. I even had a few customers buy things before all of it was out and priced. I told everyone that if it didn't have a price yet, make me an offer and go low! I wanted all of this gone!! 
My "treasures" I had someone looking so I cut off the picture a little on the left.

The day went by pretty quick. By noon I was having a half price sale. Around 2:20PM it started to get really dark. I figured it was time to pack up. It didn't start to rain until we were on the way to Goodwill to drop off everything that didn't sell. 


Here is where I need to tell on myself. 

I wasn't lying when I said, so much for breakfast. I really didn't have time to grab anything other than coffee before heading out there. Chris went to the bank for me to get change and brought me back blueberry donut holes. My favorite! Hey at least I was eating antioxidants!! Yes, I know still not good for me. There were women at the garage sale, selling tamales. I got two of those and nibbled on one. So by the time we stopped to get something to eat I was a little hungry. Once we got home I counted the money first to see how much we made. 

Drum roll please? 59.50!! Woot! Woot!

Then I sat down to eat. Second bite and it got stuck. I tried to take a drink, bad idea. It felt like I was drowning. I got sick, a lot. I calmed down enough to tell Chris that he had to take me to the ER. I wasn't able to get it out myself and my throat was starting to really hurt. We got to the ER, blue bucket and all. Chris said we couldn't have been there three minutes when they called me back. A nurse came in and did all the things nurses do. She told me they were going to do an IV and give me something to help me calm down more. Let's call her Dimples. She told me that I was breathing just fine and that she was going to be there for me. I might have freaked out a little bit once we got there?? I was trying to tell the guy nurse, let's call him Superman, who was about to put the needle in me that I was sorry. That I hadn't been drinking enough today and he might have a problem finding a vein. Chris told me later that Superman found it just fine and I guess I shot blood. Enough that the floor had to be cleaned. I was pretty proud of myself! HA, my veins never do that! 

I got a chest x-ray, then a group of three people came in with a couple big machines. Chris and I knew one of the people, he is a member of our church. He reminded me how I knew him and I asked him if his wife is blonde. He said yes, and I told him she needs to eat more. He chuckled and got the rest of the machines set up for the Dr. One of the ladies with him told me that the Dr. was going to put a camera down my throat to see where the food was. Then he was going to put something else down there to get it out. It didn't sound like fun to me. So I was glad when she told me I was going to be given meds to put me into this "twilight" state. Yup, so happy to have no memory of what the Dr. did. After it was all done Chris was allowed back in my room. He was told that I should wake up in about a half an hour. It took me twice as long, and even then I wasn't really ready to be awake. 

There was another guy we know from church that was working at the hospital. He came in and checked on us. Chris said that I woke up and asked if they were done. He told me yes, and I guess I went back to sleep. He said that I did that twice. He also said that when he came back into the room I looked like my Mom, and that scared him a little. 

I was sad that I didn't get to see the piece of food that scared the crap out of me. I don't want to ever go through this again. That was why I wanted to see it. I will be going to a follow up appointment in about a week with the Dr. that got it out for me though. I know that this could have been just that I need to take smaller bites. On the other hand I have been having issues with my throat getting tight after eating certain things. So I am really looking forward to talking to the Dr. to try to get this figured out. 

In the mean time, my throat still hurts a little. I can't laugh without my sides hurting, and I'm eating soft foods and taking baby bites. :D 






No comments:

Post a Comment