Friday, August 22, 2014

What Do I Want to Be When I Grow Up

I thought that I wanted to be a teacher. 

I can remember a time when I lived in Florida. There was an assembly where kids got to go up on stage and tell everyone what they wanted to be. Everyone was saying a teacher. Lame. Well not lame if you are a teacher. Just that everyone was saying it. I can remember raising my hand to go up and all the way thinking "do not say a teacher". I went up there I was smiling, then it was my turn to be asked. 
"What do you want to be when you grow up?" 
A microphone got put in my face, I froze!
Then I said, "A teacher" Ahhh!!! 
The power of the microphone and all those people staring at me!

Now I know that I could go back to school and become a teacher, but I figured out a while ago, that's not for me. So then what? What am I good at? I've been asked, and I always say, "I don't know". It's sad I know. I have been what ever I needed to be at the time. Let's see I have been a shampoo girl, blue jean sales girl, a beauty advisor. I have worked in the men's department of a big box store. I have signed up with a few direct sales companies. I've been a photographer, a cashier for a car dealership, and a barista. 

I'm all over the place right? 

So let's get back to what I love to do. I do love being around people until, well they start to annoy me. Then I have to be alone for a while to get back to my happy place! I like helping people anyway I can. I like it when my home is clean and everything is where it belongs. In fact it drives me a little, (some people would say more than a little) crazy when there are things being "displayed" that shouldn't be. I won't name names, but when dishes get put away there always seem to be a few that don't get homes. Then when groceries get put away, some of those hang out on the counter for a couple days also. I don't know if I got this way because I lived with my grandparents. My grandfather was a Realtor, and my Gram would always have the house "model home" ready at all times. Saturdays were always chore day and as much as I hated it once I became a teenager. I love doing it now. 

Is this something I can do and make money doing? Cleaning? 
Ahh do I really want to clean someone else's bathroom. No. 
So that idea was down the drain! (See what I did there? I crack myself up!) But wait I still love cleaning, helping people and I am a little (again some people might say more than a little) OCD about having things in their place. 

What about a Professional Organizer? 

Now I know you probably came to that conclusion before I did. I had been throwing around the idea for a while now. If you have read any of my older posts, I wrote about taking an online class. It so happens the class is to become a professional organizer. In a couple more weeks I will have a fancy certificate saying that I have completed the course. In the mean time I need to get a portfolio together. Anyone want some help with your house, office and/or busy schedule? :D 
I'm your girl!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment