Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby Blanket Wreath


It only took me three years but it's finally done!!

Pinterest should be banned from my home. Although if it was I wouldn't have found yummy food to make and cheap ways to decorating my home. So maybe not banned but limited? LOL. Since this was the first time doing something like this I had no idea how much fabric I would need. I went to Walmart and got four more fabrics that went with Avery's receiving blankets. I was so pumped when I got home. I set out to cutting the fabric up. I didn't know then I would have a sore arm for days and I wouldn't get back to it three years. You see this is what I was using.
Do you remember these? From Creative Memories. 
Good for cutting paper, not so much for fabric!! 

Fast forward to having a great group of friends and a place to craft. I brought this wreath project over and a friend showed me the most amazing tool in the whole world!!! 


This wonderful amazing tool is from Fiskars!!! 
I looked in the scrap booking tools for it, I don't know why.
It's in by the fabric area and maybe 12.00.

So now that I had the prefect tool, I was ready to go. It didn't take very long to get the rest of the blankets and fabric cut. 

I had piles and piles and piles of strips. 

I don't even know how many I cut. I have quite a lot left. Maybe I will make smaller ones later. ;) I started out just doing one fabric at a time. Tying the fabric in knots, one row at a time. 
Good use of a hair clip right?


It got a bit crazy. So I changed things up and just pushing them over as I went a long. Knotting the fabric from the top to the bottom wire one at a time. 
One pattern done seven more to go!! 

This is the back. I used a lot of strips. You really don't have to use that much. I thought that I was using all of the fabric and wouldn't have any leftover. So that's why I went a little crazy. 
Not looking to bad. Two down, six more to go! 

To tell the truth, this still took me a while to finish. I don't remember how much time it took, but I had years already in it. So I figured if it took me a week to get all the stripes on the wreath that was fine with me. I don't even know if Avery will want it up in her room once it's done. Which is fine, I love the colors and will put it up in my craft area. 
ALL DONE!!!  
This is on the back of my front door. You can just make out the peep hole by the green. Well that would be center, I was a little off when I took the picture. It's a big wreath, very big. I wish that I could have a better picture to see the patterns. This project was something that I really enjoyed, once I had the right tools. ;) I have a lot more of Avery's baby blankets and I see more of these being made soon. 














No comments:

Post a Comment