Friday, March 28, 2014

Facebook

My Facebook account has been deactivated by me. 

I had been wanting to do it for a while. At church they had challenged us to give something up and I hadn't done it. I was getting pretty crabby about the way Facebook was choosing what I got to see anyway. I would pop onto the app on my kindle and I would see things that I didn't see while on my laptop. I would pop onto my cell and see all old posts. It was annoying. I was bored and would spend a lot of time on reading the same things over and over again. I was even getting frustrated at what some people were posting. I was getting sick of this being the only way I was talking to my friends. So many changes have been happening and Facebook is not the place to be airing it all, or any of it. I need to reconnect with the people that I want in my life and that's not been happening. Add this to Chris being upset that I was on my laptop all the time. Equals me getting rid of Facebook for a while. 

I thought that it would be easy. I was mad at it for the first couple of days so it was easy then. Then day four or five I thought to myself. Wow it's been so long since I have been on Facebook. When did I deactivate it? It's only been FIVE days. Oh my gosh, I have issues. I also thought oh I will just pop on for a minute, see if anyone missed me. Nope I'm not going to do that. 

I figured this would be a good time to get some packing done. Well I am out of packing tape, so that's not going to happen right now. I should start making my bed everyday again. I have been doing ok on that one. My kitchen has been cleaner then it has been on a regular bases. We have even had dinner at the table again, a few times. I've started on my smash book. I have caught up on all of my shows on the DVR. I have gotten through Pretty Little Lairs seasons 1-3, but I started that before getting rid of FB. I am just waiting for Season four on Netflix now. 

What I should be doing with all this time? 
Cleaning the bathroom, the girls room, my room. Getting my list together for the store so I can get more packing tape..... 
A whole bunch of things that I am not doing that's what. 

I know that I will have Facebook out of my system once I stop thinking, Oh that would be a funny post. Or saying, don't make me post that on Facebook.
 
What has happened to our lives that Facebook has become a multiple times, everyday, part of the family thing?

This was almost four years ago. 
Maybe a new family picture should also be on the list of things to do?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment