Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tigger in the Shower

So Tigger was my husbands cat. He didn't like me at first, Tigger not Chris ;) He would chase me around and try to bite me. Once Chris and I moved in together Tigger and I had a long talk and came to an understanding. I was here and not leaving and that I would give him love if he stopped trying to bite me. Soon after Tigger was my kitty. We ended up having three cats. About six months after Chris and I moved in together we got Ms. Cleo and then once Whitney was in pre-school, Chris got her Princess. All of the cats loved me. I would play with them, feed them and give them water. I would also have Chris change the litter boxes. There was just something about Tigger and me. He would let me hug him and he would sleep on my head. I took a million and one pictures of him. Tigger sitting, Tigger sleeping, Tigger in the sun, Tigger sitting at the table looking like he is ready for dinner. I'm sure there was a point that I may have loved him more than Chris. Sorry honey:)

Once Whitney started going to school full time, I got a job. Well I had a few jobs but the last one was at a popular coffee shop that's known around the world. You know the one I don't have to say the name. The last store I worked at, it had just been built. We had gotten everyone together so we could met who we were going to be working with. You know the deal, what's your name, how long have you been working with the company, and tell us something that no one else knows about you. Ooh fun, she said shaking her head  NO. Hi, my name is Kim I've been working with the company for a little over a year and I hate cards. I love to scrap book but I hate cards and I was told by someone that, that's weird. OK everyone moved on. A few days later I was talking to one of the new managers and I told him that I wish we could go around again and tell something different. He said he felt the same way to, that he would tell me what he would have said if I told him mine. I said sure and he told me that he could from standing kick the top of the door frame. OK now this guy was not young and not short and really not in good shape. I really had to see this to believe, and so he show us. It was crazy. Maybe not to you, people that get to be around other adults, but to me it was cool. So now it was my turn to share, but who could follow that? 

I told him that my cat, Tigger likes to take showers with me. That it started with Tigger just licking the back of my legs. I would scream, close the curtain around him to keep him out. He would just go to the front of the shower and get his paw  wet and lick that instead. Then it turned into him coming into the shower. He loved getting one side of his body wet. When I had time I would get the kitty shampoo and give him a real bath, but for the most part he just liked to get wet. My manager thought that this was crazy, what cat liked to get wet? Well then this Tigger in the shower thing turned into a problem when I would have to open at 4:30am. There was a hand full of times that I had to wake up Chris because Tigger had gotten into the shower and was soaking wet and I had to go to work. The mornings became even more fun when I would have to run into the bathroom before Tigger knew what was going on. If he was awake, he would stand outside the bathroom door meowing to get in. Ah life with cats!!

                                                                            Avery and Tigger. 2010 

So that's my Tigger in the shower story. Do you have pets?What do your pets do that is out of character?   

2 comments:

  1. Mittens, my childhood cat, LOVED green olives and hard candies. Candy canes were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO would Mittens eat the green olives or just play with them? Yum candy canes, I would love to be licked after Mittens was done with that!!

    ReplyDelete