Thursday, July 11, 2013

It Will Happen When It Happens

My most favorite words while trying to get pregnant again, not really. What about, all you have to do is relax, go away for the weekend, have a glass of wine. I had a hard time getting pregnant for the second time and if you have ever had a issue with getting pregnant. Those are the words you never want to hear. It will happen when it happens. You know them to be true, but will bite off the head of the person saying them to you. The truth was we did stop trying after potty training Whitney. Once I found out that she didn't remember any of it, I told Chris OK let's do this!!

For the second time around I kind of remember when we were supposed to be "going it" but it wasn't happening. I went to the Obgyn, she told me I was much thinner with my first kid and that I should lose weight. Ah well, that wasn't very nice. Fat people get pregnant all the time! So I stopped going to her for that reason and others. Next step was to take my temp, before getting out of bed, and track it. That's when I discovered that my base line temp is lower than average. So for the first couple of days I thought the thermometer was broken. We got a different one, then I thought that one was broken also. So I gave up taking it. When I talked to my Mom she told me she too had a lower than average temp. OK, great so I went back to taking it. The whole deal is to wait until you have a temp, then have sex. Let's just say, I didn't do it right. Every time I would be one day late I would test. I had gotten one of those books, you know the what to expect ones. This was a notebook that I could record the tests that I took, Dr.  visits and a whole lot of other stuff. I had it for a couple of years and was very excited to finally use it. Well I stopped putting in all of the negative pregnancy test that I took and just left the last one open in hopes that maybe down the road I would be able to fill it in. 

Nine years after I had Whitney I got pregnant again but didn't know. I was about a month along when I had a miscarriage. July 4th 2008. That was the hardest news to hear. A regular ultrasound, a level two ultrasound, and a blood test to tell me yes I was pregnant but I no longer had the baby. Then the words, "well that wasn't your baby. It wasn't meant to be." I think are some of the most horrible words to say second to the when it happens, it happens. 

A few months later I did get pregnant again. This time I went to the Dr. and only told Chris and Whitney. It was Chris that needed to be banned from telling everyone. I wanted to wait, what if I miscarried again? Chris didn't give me much of a choice. I went into his work after a check up and his co-workers asked if they could come congratulate me. I was upset with him for telling anyone outside of our family. Although it was nice to finally be able to say I was carrying again. 

I was nervous, freaking out and happy all at the same time. Whitney had been an only for so long. Will she be upset that she will have to share us now? Will I remember what to do? We had nothing from when Whitney was a baby. I had to be talked into registering. I didn't think that it was right to ask people for baby stuff when I already had a baby. Chris had so much fun with the scanner though. He picked out all pink stuff. We didn't even know if we were having a girl. He told everyone that he was going to be "blessed with two girls."  


I had a great pregnancy. I would do it again and again, IF I knew I was going to have the same experience. Chris, Whitney, the new car seat and I all headed to the hospital. We didn't call the Dr. because I thought for sure I wasn't going to have her yet. She would be early, by nine days! Come to find out that sound that I heard sitting down on my couch was my water breaking. We were not going anywhere! I had a great time during labor. I got the good drugs and didn't feel a thing until my Dr. finally showed up....to catch. 

June 2009 I brought Avery into the world a little after 9PM. I was in labor for about 6 hours. 

My Whitney holding my Avery. 
My Loves, My Heart. 



1 comment:

  1. Maybe God gave me you as a friend because my children will be this far apart and I will need support and help from someone who had this experience :-)

    ReplyDelete